Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Thank you!!!

Thank you all for the hugs and good vibes, they've arrived loud and clear and are very much appreciated.

I'd also like to say a HUGE thank you to my dear friend Lene for the wonderful birthday surprise she sent me. She's a great mind reader, she know's about my love-affair with anything Noro, but she didn't know I was desparately trying to chase down some Noro sock yarn in a purpley blue colourway.


Isn't it gorgeous! I'm looking for the perfect pattern ...
She also sent me the most yummy homemade strawberry jam. I'm guessing the strawberries were from her garden, and I'm hoping she'll let me have the receipe. WOW!!!!
Here are the promised pics ....
The finished Hap shawl, now renamed a Shetland baby shawl because it isn't a true hap, the yarn wasn't well suited to it. It's now on its way to my SIL and baby Emily in Turkey.

The cropped cardie (unblocked) made from Debbie Bliss Stella. I've blocked it now and it looks SO much better.

The nearly finished harf loosely based on the pattern from Intertwined, made from my handspun yarn (2 different combed blends I made myself).

and a close up ...

No comments: