Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Here are my answers to the lastest SP10 contest ... how fun is that!
With the weather turning warmer, many of you are thinking of traveling (though some of you have just returned, you can play along). 1) What do you pack to knit? and 2) What do you hope to shop for?
As my trips usually involve carrying everything you need (backpacking, walking, climbing or cycling), I would pack something lightweight that will keep me occuppied for a while ie somethinglaceweight. I usually also take something I can do in the poor light from a head torch, something like socks.
I always hope to shop for unusual things (wool, needles) that are specific to a local area. Last year I found a weaving frame for 1 euro in a German Bazaar. Wherever I travel I always bring home one ball of purple wool (4ply or DK) I'm knitting a purple throw with this wool to remind me of all the trips I've been on.

Where would I go on a knitting holiday?
I have been to many places with a fab knitting heritage only to be dissappointed at the total lack of knitting even in museums etc. For example my trip to the Aran islands last year. I realise now that local to here there is so much history, sheep breeds etc that I probably could stay at home and have a fab knitting holiday taking in day trips to various places. I hope to go to Shetland this year (when I get my new bike).

No comments: