Thursday, July 31, 2008

Project update

I keep meaning to write about the smells of Glasgow. This is something I love about it. There is a brewery and distillery situated within 1 mile of the city centre. We get the most amazing smells both where I work and also when driving along the motorway or cycling through the park.
Yesterday the smell was of roasting barley (smells a bit like roasting coffee) and this morning a really malty smell a bit like Horlicks.

I nearly have the contest prize ready. I'm currently spinning it up, after washing, dyeing and combing the woolly part of it. The other part is baby camel and silk. Enough teasing!

PROJECT 1

The spinning wheel bag has quilted sides and a half finished bottom. I still need to dye the canvas side panels, but its coming along ok.

PROJECT 2

I've decided on yarn and a colour for the knitted suit. I was toying with amethyst or violet but thought they'd be quite full on, so I've gone for charcoal grey in Forsells 3ply superwash. Hopefully this will make a light fabric.

PROJECT 3

Noro socks ... am loving this ... nearly ready for the heel.

No comments: