I spent saturday dyeing, about 5kg of yarn and roving. I like most of it and adore a couple of hanks that will become something special. I haven't taken any pics just yet as it started to rain and I had to rush to get it all inside. I've finished rewinding the mega hanks, which turned into a mammouth task due to a huge fankle.
I took my spinning wheel out to knit group this week and started spinning up some mawata squares (silk hankies) that I'd dyed up. The colours are bright jewel tones and they look amazing on the bobbin.
In other news we finally got a message from Artisan Furniture that our new bed had arrived. This was ordered on 2nd January and we were told it would take 8-12 weeks. Last week I threatened them with trading standards if our bed didn't arrive this week. Hey presto! Now we need to find out when they can actually deliver it. We've only had 23 weeks of our current bed (bought from a certain Swedish furniture chain) collapsing every time one of us rolled over in bed. The novelty has certainly worn off.
This is also week 1 of OPERATION HOUSE MOVE. The time has come for us to move on from our cottage flat to a proper house (I'm very excited about this). Our plan is to get our flat onto the market in the next 2-3 weeks and then start looking for somewhere to move to. So this week has involoved painting the upper part of our hallway, scavenging for cardboard boxes and finally a meeting with the bank to agree how much money we can borrow for the next mortgage.