Thursday, January 17, 2008

I was thinking the other day, how alike some knitting projects are to a Phd thesis. When I wrote my thesis I chose to put a quote in at the start of each chapter that summed up the contents. (this was partly also the result of a bet to include Winnie the Pooh, Alice in Wonderland and The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy).

Anyway I'd like to share these quotes with you over the coming weeks.

The first one is especially for LUL (she designed SSS)

"Now understand me well - it is provided in the essense of things, that from any fruition of success, no matter what, shall come forth something to make a greater struggle necessary."
Walt Whitman

The second one is for everyone who has started a new project and they're feeling a little rusty.


"Pooh looked at his two paws. He knew that one of them was right and he knew that when you had decided which one was right, then the other one was left, but he could never remember how to begin"
A.A. Milne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks :-) Have plenty of struggles at the moment *lol*. Like spending hours looking for a reference that apparently doesn't excist so I might have to change how my groups are set of.