Wednesday, December 05, 2007

SSS update

I’ve been making steady progress with the test knitting. I’d like to share a few things here (informally) and once things are finalised I’ll post to the SSS yahoo group.

Firstly the current yarn estimate is about 1575m assuming your swatch measured about 10cm by 12.5cm.

The pattern is beautiful and has a steady rhythm to it. I think it would suit most intermediate lace knitters without feeling like you’ve been thrown in the deep end. Its time consuming enough to be really interesting but not so much it becomes overwhelming.

Strategic use of stitch markers and a few lifelines will help keep everyone on track.

Its gonnae be FUN!!!!

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Wow, you've taken on a big job test knitting this. Thanks! Can you tell me whether the swatch size you mention is blocked or unblocked? I think I'll post this question to the group too.