Monday, March 12, 2007

Where to start?

I have been SUCH a naughty girl!

Guess what? .... yup .. gulps ... 5.8kg ... ! but ...but ... it was cheap ... and lovely and soft and was calling out my name!

So I went to the SECC on friday and bought lots of wool.

From The Black Sheep - Rowan Chunky Print, Jaegar Celeste, All seasons cotton and Sirdar spree (for rug)

From New Lanark - lots of DK and aran goodies

From Jamie Possum - two amazing skeins of hand dyed dk in pink/purple colourway! These are soo soft and gorgeous. They were dyed as an experiment ... all I can say is we want more!

I also got a few cross stitch bits and pieces mostly for DH who likes to have a crossstitch on the go.

I stayed in on friday night and baked which was really relaxing! Chocolate chip buns and ginger and apple tea bread. Also finished cross stitch bibs for little sis and sari silk square for cushion. Only one square to go!

Also halfway through body of blossom top, this is proving to be a quick knit!

So there are new rules now!

1) Yarn stash must be returned to below 20kg as quickly as possible! (I feel chunky knits on big needles coming on)

2) If stash is below 15kg at time of Woolfest (June) I can by a spinning wheel)

3) No more wool or books until stash below 20kg.

4)Must finish blossom top and sari silk squares before starting anything else.

5)I'm expecting one more delivery of yarn so stash currently stands at 23kg!

No comments: