Friday, February 01, 2008

Hello from a wet,cold and windy Glasgow!!! It feel like its been like this for the last month or so. Here wind and rain always come at the same time which makes kite flying a difficult and wet pursuit. Believe me ... I know.




Finally most of my stress is over. The grant is now well and truly out of my hands and I can only keep my fingers crossed. The final decision is to be made in the next couple of weeks. I've also managed to catch up on the back log of work things and can say that its been a very satisfying week.




I met up with Vonnie last night for tea and falafel at T'chai Ovna in Shawlands. Vonnie's christening dress was looking gorgeous and in a beautiful and unusual dusky dark pink. I can't wait to see it finished and pics of it in action. It was also the first time I had my drop spindle out in public.




I came into work early this morning as I was trying to submit a conference abstract before the deadline (its now been extended) and found a nice surprise when I logged into ravelry. I participated in a secret santa swap on the ravelry uk swaps forum. I had fun being santa to whichit but sadly didn't seem to have a santa myself and was not having any luck contacting the swap organiser. ... So I was really touched by whichits offer to be my belated santa. THANK YOU!!!




I have some things to show ... I've been busy combing the fleece I dyed last year.


and colour blending ...

and spinning (pics to follow).

Here are the next few quotes from my thesis as promised.

This next one is one of my favourites.

"In these days of upheaval and violent change when the basic values of today are the vain and shattered dreams of tomorrow, there is much to be said for a philosophy which aims at living a full life while the opportunity offers" Eric Shipton

"Science is nothing but trained and organised common sense" Thomas Huxley

" ... "would you tell me, please which way I ought to go from here?" "That depends a good deal on where you want to get to" said the Cat. "I don't care much where-" said Alice. "Then it doesn't matter which way you go." said the Cat. "-so long as I get somewhere," Alice added as an explanation. "Oh you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if only you walk long enough"." Lewis Carroll.

No comments: