Thursday, January 10, 2008

I've had a busy time this week, as January is always busy for me with teaching undergraduates. However I've decided to have some 'me' time in the mornings rather than coming into work early and having a long day. I've been swimming three mornings and yesterday had a lovely half an hour knitting and drinking tea. I'm going to try and stick to this as I'm much less grumpy and tired in the evenings.

On tuesday evening I met up with Vonnie at t'Chai Ovna and had a fab time knitting, chatting and fussing over a lost blind labrador (it's owner eventually came for her).

Last night I finally tested out my hackle which kind of works but then I didn't have it clamped to a table and my homemade diz was naff. I'll post pictures of it and also of the Rowan raglan next time. The hackle was made from a wooden wallpaper brush (from poundshop) and 3" nails from Bills. The total cost was £2 and a lot easier to make than I expected.
I should mention that Bills tool store is a great place to lose a husband for a few hours if you ever in Glasgow.

No comments: